Eurescom is looking to add a Junior Web Designer to our team!
- Are you detail-oriented and well organized?
- Have you worked with WordPress?
- Do you bring a positive attitude to work each day?
Does this sound like you? Keep reading!
Eurescom is looking for a Junior Web Designer to work with us on the management and deployment of websites for European research, development and innovation projects. Reporting to the IT Manager, this person will support the production of the company’s web-related service offerings. The ideal candidate has web development skills and an understanding of web design principles. He or she is highly organized, a quick learner, and has solid design skills for assembling attractive layouts with colors, imagery, and fonts that suit the purpose of the respective project. Good written and verbal communication skills are required to perform in our international work environment. Above all else, a positive attitude is essential.
What you’ll do:
- Perform conception, design and technical implementation of WordPress CMS-based websites
- Technically set up websites and databases
- Maintain existing websites and bring them up to date on a regular basis
- Take care of page speed and SEO optimizations
- Develop individual front-end and back-end features
- Make optical and technical adjustments of WordPress themes and plugins according to individual requirements
- Take over responsibility for projects and customers
- Customer contact
What you’ll bring:
- You have completed an apprenticeship or degree in the field of digital design / media design. We would also be happy if you can convince us of your previous experience in web development. We also give a chance to career changers
- Self-implemented WordPress CMS-based websites, ideally including the development of individual modules and templates
- You have experience with individual adaptations of plugins and builders, you are familiar with securing websites and their regular backups
- Self-reliance, independence and a structured way of working come natural to you
- You are a team player, you are personable, and you want to implement projects on your own
- Your English is good
What we offer:
As a part-time employee, you would receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company-provided computer
- An international work environment with supportive colleagues
- Option to work partly remotely
Who we are:
Eurescom is a leading European provider of project management services in the high-tech area, based in Heidelberg. The company’s focus is on research and development in the information and communications technologies sector. Eurescom’s mission is to enable innovation through collaboration.
Your next step:
Are you ready to make the next step in your career? Then send your CV to our IT manager Klaas Pieter Vlieg at by 1st December. Please indicate when you would be ready to start. We look forward to talking with you!
Notice: We accept only personal applications from job seekers. Contacts and applications sent from employment agencies will be ignored.