Eurescom is looking to add a PHP Developer to our team!
- Have you developed PHP Web applications and have you worked with WordPress plugins?
- Are you detail-oriented and well organized?
- Do you bring a positive attitude to work each day?
Does this sound like you? Keep reading!
Eurescom is looking for a Developer to develop new and maintain and support existing web based applications and WordPress plugins written in PHP and work with us on the management and deployment of web services and websites for European research, development and innovation projects. Reporting to the IT Manager, this person will support the production of the company’s web-related service offerings. The ideal candidate has PHP web service development skills and an understanding of web design principles. He or she is highly organized, a quick learner, and has solid design skills for development of PHP web applications and WordPress plugins written in PHP. Good written and verbal communication skills are required to perform in our international work environment. Above all else, a positive attitude is essential.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and support internally developed web applications and WordPress plugins written in PHP
- Develop new web applications and WordPress plugins in PHP
- Technically set up websites and databases
- Maintain existing websites and bring them up to date on a regular basis
- Take care of page speed and SEO optimizations
- Develop individual front-end and back-end features
- Make optical and technical adjustments of WordPress themes and plugins according to individual requirements
- Take over responsibility for projects and customers
- Customer contact
What you’ll bring:
- You have completed an apprenticeship or degree in the field of informatics, digital design or software development. We would also be happy if you can convince us of your previous experience in web development. We also give a chance to career changers
- You have experience developing modern PHP based applications and WordPress plugins
- You have experience using modern PHP frameworks such as Yii PHP Framework, ReactPHP, Laminas and Doctrine and you have experience using modern software development tools such as IDEs and Version Control tools like Git
- Self-reliance, independence and a structured way of working come natural to you
- You are a team player, you are personable, and you want to implement projects on your own
- You are interested in learning new technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes or other languages such as Python
- You are interested in participating in international R&D projects in the ICT domain
- Your English is good
What we offer:
As a full-time employee, you would receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company-provided computer
- An international work environment with supportive colleagues
Who we are:
Eurescom is a leading European provider of project management services in the high-tech area, based in Heidelberg. The company’s focus is on research and development in the information and communications technologies sector. Eurescom’s mission is to enable innovation through collaboration.
Your next step:
Are you ready to make the next step in your career? Then send your CV to our IT manager Klaas Pieter Vlieg at by 29th July. Please indicate when you would be ready to start. We look forward to talking with you!
Notice: We accept only personal applications from job seekers. Contacts and applications sent from employment agencies will be ignored.