Cities play a key role in the transition to a sustainable economy and society. And information and communication technologies are of key importance for enabling cities to become sustainable. The concept for doing this is called “smart sustainable cities”. In this issue of Eurescom message, we explore what is done in Europe to make cities smart and sustainable. We present selected research and innovation projects that have contributed to implementing the vision of smart sustainable cities.
The cover theme of the magazine features the following contributions:
- ICT for smart sustainable cities – An overview
- Lighthouse solutions for urban sustainability – Horizon 2020 project STARDUST
- Co-creation of smart sustainable cities – The 5G SOLUTIONS project
- Cities should be part of EU climate policy decisions – Interview with Covenant of Mayors board member Eckart Würzner
- 5G powered smart lighting in smart cities – SliceNet’s smart city pilot
In addition, this edition of Eurescom message includes articles on events, the risks of spreadsheet errors, and more.
The magazine also includes the latest issue of CELTIC News, which is published by EUREKA Cluster CELTIC-NEXT.
PDF edition – Eurescom message Winter 2020 (including CELTIC News)