While 5G networks are still being deployed, work on 6G, the sixth generation of mobile communication technologies, has already begun. In this issue of Eurescom message, we provide a glimpse on what is done in Europe to move towards 6G. We present selected research and innovation projects that are already working on different technological aspects that may later become parts of the 6G standard.
The cover theme of the magazine features the following contributions:
- The road to 6G – An overview
- Hexa-X and the values of 6G – The European Union’s flagship project on 6G
- AI-driven ubiquitous networks for massive machine connections
- Global initiatives towards 6G – A review of the current status
- Commercial 6G launch expected by 2030 – Interview with Peter Merz from Nokia
- Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces for 6G – Solutions from the ARIADNE project
In addition, this edition of Eurescom message includes articles on events, and more.
The magazine also includes the latest issue of CELTIC News, which is published by Eureka Cluster CELTIC-NEXT.
Online edition – Eurescom message Winter 2021 (including CELTIC News)
PDF edition – Eurescom message Winter 2021 (including CELTIC News)